from words to wings... and back...

yet another silly travel blog meant to cover both, horizontal, geographic travels and the vertical, inner descent...

Friday, January 18, 2008

travelotherapy... quite a mouthfull

I submit a new word to you... travelotherapy. A word behind a concept...:)

Travelotherapy refers to the positive impact traveling can have on one's psychic. Remember the excitement, the anticipation, all the planning before the actual trip starts...

First we pick a destination. How do we decide where to go next? It could be a show on Discovery or National Geographic, it could be a picture, or a blog, that you stumbled upon somewhere on the internet, it could be the news, or it could be that old fascinating book that stirred your imagination some years ago...

I could tell you about 'White Fang' and the mesmerizing call of the far north. I could tell you how one day I followed with my eyes on a map an imaginary line between NYC and Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. And I could tell you how I drove my Jeep from NYC to Prudhoe Bay and back for some 12,582 miles.

Oh, yes, that was, above all, a healthy dose of 'travelotherapy'...:)

Alyeska (Alaska) from Why Travel on Vimeo.



Some day I must return to Alaska...

For more info and images from the trip, please, check the "driving to Alaska..." section of the blog's photo gallery. Enjoy.

1 comment:

please, feel free to add your comment!...